How To: Create a new WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 protocolDocument ID: DQ292
Relevant to following products: WorkOut 2.5 Manta 2.5
Document description: How To: Create a new WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 protocol
The followings steps detail how to setup a WIZARD2 protocol. When setting up a protocol in this way it is strongly recommended that you use a WIZARD2 data file containing racks equivalent 2 virtual plates, this approach allows you to more easily define how WorkOut can handle any number of virtual plates. For example, when using a 10x4 virtual plate representation your data file should contain between 5 and 8 racks of data. A suitable example CSV is provided here.
- From the Organiser select to Create a new protocol
- On the Measurement Settings step of the Quick Start Wizard select to Import Data from a file and Browse to a WIZARD2 CSV file. When setting up a first protocol it is recommended that you import data which contains 2 virtual plates of data.
- Press Next.
- The Plate Width and Plate Height controls on the Import Details step allow you to specify the Virtual Plate dimensions. For racks of 10 vials a virtual plate size of 10x4 is suggested (other representations can be used as required).
- Press Next to view the Import Preview and continue to the Microplate Layout step.
- Press the Advanced button and ensure that the Create Multiple Plate Microplate layouts option is ticked.
- Press Create to create a new microplate layout.
- If the AutoModifyMLOForImport registry setting has been made then WorkOut will automatically modify the microplate layout based on the number of vials measured. WorkOut will automatically add and remove layouts. The first defined layout will be used and the second defined plate layout will be repeated the required number of times. Thus, setup two microplate layouts; the first representing the first virtual plate (perhaps with Standards and Blanks) and the second representing the subsequent plates (perhaps simply Unknowns).
- Press Save and Close and continue through the Quick Start Wizard pressing Finish on the Final step.WorkOut will now import the data and show you the results.
- Use the Analysis Wizard to setup the analysis you require.
- The report can be improved for the WIZARD2 from File | Report Options.
- Untick Include Microplate Layouts
- Under Include Table, untick the Include Wells Column and Include Plate Column options.
- Under Include Matrix, tick Specify Columns in Matrix and set the number of columns as 10 (for 10 vials per rack)
- Use File | Save Protocol to save the settings to a new protocol
DQ288: Where can I get WorkOut 2.5 from?
Where can I get WorkOut 2.5 from?
DQ289: How to: Use WorkOut 2.5 and WIZARD2
How to: Use WorkOut 2.5 and WIZARD2
DQ290: How to: Automatically change the number of plates based on the imported data without user intervention?
How to: Automatically change the number of plates based on the imported data without user intervention?
DQ291: Application Example: WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 RIA Example
Application Example: WorkOut 2.5 WIZARD2 RIA Example