How to: Export raw kinetic data to Excel for further analysis.Document ID: DQ285
Relevant to following products: WorkOut 2.0 Manta
Document description: How to: Export raw kinetic data to Excel for further analysis.
The Open in Excel button can be used to open results data in Excel. However, there is an alternative method which can be used if you are only interested in getting the raw kinetic data into Excel. With this approach you setup the software to export the raw data as a text file and then launch Excel opening the text file.
This can be setup in build 316 or later when creating a protocol with the Post Analysis Options as follows:
- If the protocol already exists, open it for editing and then modify as follows:
- Select the Export Tab and press Edit...
- Press Options and enter a fixed filename where the data will be output, e.g.
“c:\woutput.txt”, also select Table output:
- Press OK to return to the main protocol editor screen and then select the Launch Application tab | press Edit...
- Browse to the Excel.EXE (the location depends on your installation, e.g.
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe” or
Now when you run the protocol, Excel will open with the text file. At this point save it to a new location (and in XLS format), i.e press Save in Excel and when prompted with this:
DQ004: How can I export my data into Excel 97?
How To: Export to Excel 97…
DQ020: Can I see the individual kinetic data points?
How To: See the individual kinetic data points…
DQ143: How to get raw kinetic data exported to Excel
How To: Get Raw Kinetic data into Excel.
DQ144: I’ve exported my data to Excel but all my raw kinetic data for each well is all in one cell
How To: Separate exported raw kinetic data into separate Excel cells