How do I upgrade from WorkOut 1.x to WorkOut 2.xDocument ID: DQ141
Relevant to following products: WorkOut 2.0 WorkOut 2.5
Document description: What is the upgrade procedure?
If you have purchased a WorkOut 2.x upgrade (from WorkOut 1.x) you will need to activate WorkOut 2.x using your old WorkOut 1.x dongle. Once activated you can use both the new software and the old software together on the same PC for a period of up to 60 days. After this period, you must either permanently upgrade to the new version of the software or continue to use the old.
Follow these instructions to activate the WorkOut 2.x upgrade:
- Ensure you have WorkOut 1.x installed on your PC
- Ensure that you have the WorkOut 1.x dongle correctly inserted into your PC (check this by making sure WorkOut 1.x runs)
- Do not insert the WorkOut 2.x dongle yet.
- Install the WorkOut 2.x software.
- Insert the WorkOut 2.x dongle.
- Launch WorkOut 2.x.
- The first time you launch WorkOut 2.x the Upgrade Wizard will be launched; this will take you through the upgrade procedure to activate the dongle. The wizard will check that the old dongle has been inserted and activate the new dongle if it has been found. On completing the wizard WorkOut 2.x will be launched.
- Both WorkOut 1.x and WorkOut 2.x can be used together for upto 60 days.
- During this period each time WorkOut 2.x is launched you will be asked if you want to upgrade permanently. If you select Yes, the upgrade wizard will be launched and you can permanently upgrade to WorkOut 2.x. Please note that doing this will invalidate the WorkOut 1.x dongle (so WorkOut 1.x can no longer be used)
- We ask that you return the old WorkOut 1.x dongle to Dazdaq for recycling.
DQ212: What should I do with my old WorkOut dongle?
What should I do with my old WorkOut dongle?
DQ146: How to use a WorkOut 2.0 upgrade dongle on a PC without a parallel port?
How to use a WorkOut 2.0 upgrade dongle on a PC without a parallel port?